Monday, October 27, 2008

Missing Tuscany








It's been almost a month since I've returned from our 5th Anniversary trip to Italy. It was absolutely beautiful but Tuscany, by far, was my favourite place. Looking back, I wish we had concentrated our trip to just the Tuscan region but the first time you go someplace you feel as though you have to pack everything into one vacation. I remember reading once that you should travel as though you are coming back. Italy is a vacation not to rush, it is one that must be savoured. To experience Italy you need to understand what the Italians call dolce far niente..."the sweetness of doing nothing."

1 comment:

360sardinia said...

I agree there is so much to see in Tuscany. My favourites are (OK Florence just has to be included)Siena, Montepulciano, Cortona and some where on the south coast for a bit of a change. I wonder if this site might help planning your next visit?
www.360tuscany.net
All the best
Peter