Friday, October 24, 2008

Dining Room Makeover!






In my haste to start painting and decorating by spartan dining room, I forgot to take some before pictures. But, I can assure you that the dining room was in desperate need of a facelift. The wall colour was an icy green with a cold white ceiling and my lack of any furniture made the room echo (not exactly fine dining). To spruce it up and give it some warmth, my budget-conscious reno began with a coat of straw-coloured paint (if anyone wants the name of the colour, I can look it up). I then found an old round table at a garage sale ($20!), a side-board at the local thrift store that I painted and slightly distressed ($40). I recovered some chairs that I found in our basement that were left by the previous owner (solid oak...and free!). The little chair in the corner was found at another thrift store and I stripped, stained and made a new seat cushion ($10). I then gathered some accessories at various antique shops, gift shops and flea markets (totally about $200.) So my total cost was only $300! (I added a little extra for supplies etc.). Not bad I think, not bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh Pauline, your dining room looks absolutely wonderful! i love what you've done with it. it's warm but it's fancy and i would love to be in it!