Friday, March 13, 2009

Springtime Merriment! - Top 3 "Fresh Air" Favourites


Easter is one of my favourite times of the year. The land is thawing, giving way to tulips, daffodils and fresh green grass. Most of us have been cooped up inside for many months and are clawing at the door to get out and experience the warmth of spring. Here is a list of some of my favourite things to do in Southern Ontario in the first weeks of spring.
1. Maple Syrup Farm - A trip to the sugar bush to taste some fresh maple syrup always means spring to me. On Saturday and Sunday, some maple farms have a brunch...delicious. Plan a great day out at one of the many maple syrup farms in Ontario. Check out the Ontario Travel Website for a farm nearest you.
2. Drift Wood Collecting - In Southern Ontario, we are surrounded by lakes. My mother and I like to step out onto the beaches in early spring to collect driftwood pieces. They make great ornaments for your garden or as planters.
3. Easter Egg Hunt - Plan an Easter egg hunt for your friends and family. My sister lives beside a wooded area and is planning her spring hunt in the woods. It makes a great adventure for all ages.


*My niece, Miss Mouse, is enjoying her cereal. It is such a cute picture, so I added it to this post. She's ready for some outdoor adventure with her new best friend, Bunny!

No comments: